If you're looking for instructions on starting a group conversation on your computer, see here.
With Ava, you can see who is saying what in real-time! Near or far, anyone can join on Ava- they don't even need to download the app!
Connecting from an Open Conversation Session
Once you have started a conversation session, you can connect with friends. Here's how!
1. From the open conversation session, click on 👤 +Add at the bottom-right corner of the screen
2. You will see a few options for connecting with others. Use whatever method suits the situation best!
Connecting with Ava Contacts
If you have friends who have an Ava account, you can easily connect with them through the Contacts Page!
1. When you open Ava, tap on 👥 Contacts (at the menu at the bottom of the screen)
2. Use the search bar to find the person you are connecting with
3. If their icon has a green dot, that means they're online! Tap Connect to start a group conversation.
*Depending on their settings, you will either be connected instantly or they will be prompted to accept your invitation. To learn how to configure these settings, head to Group Conversation Settings.
Once you've connected with this person, they will be added your Contacts list. The next time you want to connect, you can do so in an instant!
Group Conversations for the Classroom
Group Conversations for Meetings
If you are using Ava in an in-person work environment, see here.
If you are using Ava in a remote work environment, see here.
If you have an Ava Starter or Pro plan, you can change the settings for group conversations. Click here to learn how!