Ava Web: real-time captions on your desktop! Shown here captioning a Zoom call
What is Ava Web?
Ava Web allows you to join any Ava conversation on a computer through our website.
⚠️ Ava Web is currently supported on Chrome and Safari.
Full access to Ava Web is available to anyone! Simply open your web browser (Google Chrome or Safari) and go to web.ava.me. You will login and see captions appear!
🌐 Using Ava Web
1. Go to Ava Web in your computer browser (Note: We suggest Google Chrome and Apple Safari).
2. Sign in using the option that matches the way you originally signed up.
3. Ava will automatically start a conversation for captions!
❗ If you are using Ava Web for the first time, you'll see a popup asking for permission to your microphone. Click on Allow to let Ava "hear"
4. Make sure the 🎙 microphone icon is blue. This means that the microphone is active and is picking up sounds from your selected source
➕ Group Conversations on Ava Web
Participants can join the conversation, whether they are using their mobile phone or Ava Web/CC two different ways!
Method 1: Share your unique conversation link
1. Click "+ Invite Participant" which will give you the option to copy your link with a friend or join someone's Ava Room.
2. Copy and send your 🔗 link to whomever you'd like, however you'd like!
3. Have you participant click on the link and join the conversation 🗣
Method 2: Searching for an AvaName
Go to Ava Web
In the "Join a Conversation" text box in the top right corner, enter the host's AvaName and click enter/return
⌨️ Using Ava Web keyboard to Respond
You can type in your responses directly into Ava Web using the keyboard function.
1. Once you have started or joined a conversation, click on the keyboard icon on the top right-hand corner.
2. You can type your response at the bottom of the page, press enter or click the blue ➡️
🗣️ If you want Ava to speak for you, click the 📣 icon and Ava will speak the message you typed!
☎️ Using Ava Web for Video Conference Calls
Ava Web is compatible to work with Zoom and other web conferencing tools! Simply start your virtual meeting, open Ava Web and resize the page to fit your meeting!
❗If you would like the floating CC box, download the Ava desktop application!
✍️ Editing or Deleting Text
Ava Web allows you to make live corrections of the transcript generated by Ava. To edit or delete incorrect words, click on the word and type the correct word. You will see your transcript is fixed!
⭐️ Other Ava Web Features
You can access other Ava Web features by clicking on the three lines ☰ on the upper-left corner of the screen (font size, Ava Web “theme”, full-screen mode, save transcript, or change language).
💡 A few things to note:
To enhance accuracy, make sure to connect a Bluetooth or wired headset with a microphone and that the environment isn't too noisy.
If you are using Ava to "listen" to the speech coming out of the speakers, make sure that your computer speakers' volume is set to about medium (too high or too low might make it hard for Ava to decipher speech).